Over break I decided to clean up my room at my parents house. I mean, let’s face it…clearly anything that stays at my parents house is not SUPER important or something I use on a daily basis…otherwise it would be at MY house. So I was cleaning out the drawers in my bedside table and found a journal. Two things…A of all, I was a hilariously dramatic teenager. B of all, I found “Emily’s 22 before 23” list. Apparently when my friend Sharon came for a visit, we decided to make this list for myself. I honestly forgot about it and now that I’m almost 25…I’m not sure what all I accomplished during my twenty-second year of living. But here’s the list and here’s what I’ve accomplished!
Emily’s 22 before 23
1. Meet someone famous – I met Deborah Brown sometime recently…not sure if it was in the past two years or not. I would consider her famous. I feel like I’ve met someone else, too, but I can’t put my finger on it. Must not have been a really cool famous person…
2. Fall deeply in love – That I did…love is an interesting game though. And sometimes not enough…
3. Paint my apartment – Good thing I didn’t specify which apartment I wanted to paint! Check!
4. Get into grad school – Check!
5. Get a better job – At the time, I was working at Ruby Tuesday’s on Alcoa Highway. A good job. But definitely not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Now I work at Maryville College. I say “check!”
6. Lose ten pounds – I’ve lost 20 pounds this past year. My goal this year is to lose 20 more! Check!
7. Get a new phone – Hell-to-the-check! I love my iPhone!
8. Go on a long hike – Maybe? This is something that I should keep on my list of things to do every year though…
9. Audition for American Idol – Check! That process is wack, yo!
10. Go on a picnic in the park with Will and Sharon – I can’t remember if we did this…I know we hung out a lot and we had picnics together but…if we didn’t do this…we need to!
11. Spend a whole day at the park – I definitely did this…but not before I was 23. It was this year. Check anyways!
12. Learn “Dance Sucka” – The Donald Brown piano piece. I still don’t know the bridge…no check.
13. Get another piercing – Hmm..at the time I made this list I’m not sure what piercings I had…I did get another piercing…I got my belly button pierced. But it has since closed up. Check anyways!
14. Go to Dollywood or a Theme Park – Check! I love theme parks. I should go to more.
15. Work on my belting technique – I can make so many belts now! Kidding…I never had the opportunity to take voice lessons until I came back to school. We’ll come back to that one.
16. Play around town with Will – Definitely did that! We were pretty good at playing around town :) Check!
17. Make new friends – CHECK CHECK CHECK! (Meagan, David, Ben, etc, etc, etc!)
18. Scat in at least one concert – Check! I scatted on my senior recital and I scat on almost every gig!
19. Read Breaking Dawn – Check (sadly)
20. Be happy – Check!
21. Get butterflies more often – Check!
22. Always keep my childish enthusiasm! – Check! I think that Sharon contributed this last one. And I think it’s my favorite :)
I say that 18/22 things is not bad! This list has inspired me to create a list every year. On my birthday I will comprise a list of “XX things to do before XX”
Yaay for lists!
Until next time, fellow BFs. I hope you had a great holiday break!