It’s that time of year again…time for the yearly recap of last year’s birthday list and the presentation of this year’s birthday list!
For last year’s list…we did pretty well considering we were tending to a new human in our lives. We’re pretty excited about this year’s list already!
Last Year: 30 Things To Do Before 31
Blog more – completed 2017-2018
Read 20 books by December 31st – completed 12.31.2018
5. Hike to find five waterfalls – we hiked to find three waterfalls
8. Go visit Kelsey!
Go to the U.S. Professional Road & Time Trial National Championships – completed 6.24.2017-6.25.2017
Try East Coast Original Custard – completed 6.10.2017
11. Take Baby G to a Cleveland Indians baseball game
12. Watch the sunset from the Solstice Steps in Lakewood
Attend the 2017 Star Spangled Spectacular on June 30th – this ended up being canceled due to the weather. But we went to the Blossom Music Center for their 4th of July performance instead!
14. Take a walk through the cultural gardens
15. Go to a Cleveland Orchestra concert at Severance Hall
16. Go see the worlds largest rubber stamp
Keep a monthly photo journal documenting Baby G’s first year. – completed May 2017-May 2018 thanks to Chatbooks!
18. Go to Cleveland’s Labor Day Oktoberfest
19. Go zip lining with Boone
Take Baby G to the Cleveland zoo – completed June 2, 2018 (is that cheating?)
21. Make a meal out of ingredients found at West Side Market
22. Go to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History
25. Get a couple’s massage
26. Visit Elliot in Illinois
Make progress on the yard projects we have planned – completed May 2018
Try a new restaurant every month – completed June 2017-May 2018
June – Crepes in the City with Tori
July – Flying Fig with Marc and Darla
August – Munch with Elliot
September – Yamato Sushi in Baltimore, MD
October – Choolah in Beachwood, OH
November – The Schlafly Taproom in St Louis, MO
December – Paradise Biyrani in Gates Mills, OH
January – Winking Lizard in Mayfield Heights, OH
February – Phoenix Coffee in Cleveland Heights, OH
March – Mod Pizza in Cincinnati, OH
April – Beezy’s Café in Ypsilanti, MI
May – Zuki Sushi in Macedonia, OH
29. Write and illustrate a children’s book for Baby G with Boone
Donate Baby G’s preemie clothes to the NICU – completed 8.17.2017
This Year: 31 Things To Do Before 32
1. Take Baby G on her first airplane ride.
2. Go to an Edgewater Live concert.
3. Drive the Emerald Necklace.
4. Have a kingdom weekend with Baby G.
5. Go to the Willoughby Farmers Market.
6. Take Baby G trick-or-treating for the first time.
7. Go see Hamilton.
8. Take Baby G to the aquarium.
9. Take Baby G on her first picnic.
10. Go pick our own strawberries.
11. Go to a Captains game.
12. Go swimming with Baby G.
13. Chalk drawing on the driveway.
14. Take Baby G on a bike ride in a park.
15. Go to story time at the library.
16. Take Baby G on the polar express.
17. Celebrate a year of Title Boxing.
18. Make progress on the picnic area next to the garage.
19. Watch Baby G take her first steps.
20. Teach Baby G at least five signs.
21. Start a literature review for NICU research project.
22. Find a choir to join.
23. Go sledding with Baby G.
24. Chop my hair off!
25. Practice piano more.
26. Sign up for the summer reading program at the public library.
27. Go to a Browns Game 😂
28. Go to the Museum of Contemporary Art.
29. Go to the Cleveland Flea with Boone.
30. Go to the Cuyahoga County Fair.
31. Take Gus to Pet-A-Palooza