Alright, it’s everybody’s favorite time of year. The time of year when the new list comes out! First, let’s take a look at the progress of last year’s list. Overall, I think I did pretty well.
28 Things To Do Before I Turn 29
1. Go to a minor league baseball game
Graduate with my second masters degree! – finished my coursework 12.15.16
3. Host a fancy dinner party
Ride in RAGBRAI – completed 7.24-25.2015
Start my music therapy internship – completed 1.4.2016
Be a bridesmaid for the first time – completed 6.20.2015 at Tori’s wedding!
Go away on a girls weekend with my mom – completed 5.28.16-5.30.16
9. Drive a Vespa
Go hiking at a local state park – completed 5.21.2016 at The Palisades
Complete at least three sewing projects – completed July 2015
12. Go to an arena football game
Go to Cedar Rapids BBQ Roundup (June 25-28) – completed 6.27.2015
14. Go to one of those drink wine + paint pictures classes
15. Go on a coin flip road trip
16. Call someone, tell them to look out their window, and be standing on their front lawn
Listen to an audiobook – completed 6.25.2015 with Steven King’s Mr Mercedes — see my blog post about it
Go visit my Grandma in Denver, CO – completed 7.2-5.2015 with Elliot and Mom.
19. Complete a weekend without electricity
20. Complete a coloring book for adults – this was not completed but I did color some pages…
Be listed as an author on a research paper published in a journal – completed 11.17.2015
23. Spend less time on my phone – I’d have to ask Boone about this one…
Complete a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle – completed 1.1.2016
25. Visit Snake Alley in Burlington, Iowa
26. Be able to look at myself and be happy with what I see even if it’s not exactly where my end goal is – I think this one will always be a work in progress but the important thing is that I’m making progress toward this goal.
Get all fancy-schmancy and go on a date with my husband! – completed 3.25.2016
Get a library card – completed 6.29.2015
And now for this year’s list! I think I have some exciting things to offer this year! 2016-17 is going to be an exciting year of transition and change. Here’s what’s on the list for this year.
29 Things to do Before 30
1. Pass my Board Certification Exam
2. Get a job as a music therapist
3. Sell our condo
4. Move to Cleveland, OH
5. Take part in NEOcycle events – September 9-11
6. Dance in the rain
7. Ride at least 1,500 miles on my bike
8. Go to a Major League Baseball game.
9. Visit a National Park
10. Go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
11. Go to a drive-in movie
12. Visit Niagra Falls
13. Go see my brother graduate from college! (What?!)
14. Do the Canopy Walk in Kirtland, OH.
15. Try yoga three times a week for a month
16. Go to a Cleveland Orchestra performance
17. Eat food from a food truck
18. Plan a visit to my goodest friend David.
19. Go to Cedar Point!
20. Write a letter to myself to be opened when I’m 35.
21. Leave a $100 tip for someone when we go out to dinner
22. Record 5 covers of songs or write originals with Boone
23. Spend New Years Eve in New York City
24. Go to a new restaurant and let the waiter pick my entire meal
25. Go on a night bike ride
26. Have a “no spend” month–only spend money on necessities
27. Learn how to play a new instrument
28. Complete a triathlon
29. Go paddle boarding