I haven’t blogged in…almost a year. Bad blog host. But what an eventful year it was! A year ago, Boone and I were preparing to move to Cleveland. A year later, we have a one month old! As many of you know, I make a yearly list of things I want to try to accomplish by my birthday the following year (see 22, 25, 26, 27, and 28). It’s getting more and more difficult to make these lists. Partly because I have a rule that I cannot reuse an item until five years have gone by.
Here’s a look back at what I completed from last year’s list. I only completed 10/29…not so hot. Although, I think “get pregnant and have a baby” deserves at least five slots on this list…
Here’s last year’s list – 29 Things to do Before 30
Pass my Board Certification Exam – completed 7.12.2016
Get a job as a music therapist – completed 5.23.2016
Sell our condo – completed 7.22.2016
Move to Cleveland, OH – completed 7.20.2016
Take part in NEOcycle events – September 9-11 – completed 9.10.2016
6. Dance in the rain
7. Ride at least 1,500 miles on my bike — I only rode 835.4 miles this year. Sad day for the BMC.
8. Go to a Major League Baseball game.
9. Visit a National Park – We drove through Cuyahoga National Park…does that count?
10. Go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
11. Go to a drive-in movie
12. Visit Niagra Falls
13. Go see my brother graduate from college! (What?!) – Well, extenuating circumstances limited my ability to travel in May. But I did get to LiveStream his graduation and saw him walk across the stage!
Go to a Cleveland Orchestra performance – completed 9.3.2016
20. Write a letter to myself to be opened when I’m 35.
21. Leave a $100 tip for someone when we go out to dinner
22. Record 5 covers of songs or write originals with Boone
23. Spend New Years Eve in New York City
24. Go to a new restaurant and let the waiter pick my entire meal
25. Go on a night bike ride
Have a “no spend” month–only spend money on necessities – completed 2.2017
27. Learn how to play a new instrument
28. Complete a triathlon
29. Go paddle boarding
And now for this year’s list – 30 Things to do Before 31
1. Take Baby G to Tennessee
2. Take Baby G to Iowa
3. Blog more
4. Read 20 books by December 31st
5. Hike to find five waterfalls
6. Breastfeed in public
7. Go to the Taste of Tremont on July 16th
8. Go visit Kelsey!
9. Go to the U.S. Professional Road & Time Trial National Championships
10. Try East Coast Original Custard
11. Take Baby G to a Cleveland Indians baseball game
12. Watch the sunset from the Solstice Steps in Lakewood
13. Attend the 2017 Star Spangled Spectacular on June 30th
14. Take a walk through the cultural gardens
15. Go to a Cleveland Orchestra concert at Severance Hall
16. Go see the worlds largest rubber stamp
17. Keep a monthly photo journal documenting Baby G’s first year.
18. Go to Cleveland’s Labor Day Oktoberfest
19. Go zip lining with Boone
20. Take Baby G to the Cleveland zoo
21. Make a meal out of ingredients found at West Side Market
22. Go to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History
23. Take Gus to doggy training classes
24. Take a glass blowing class
25. Get a couple’s massage
26. Visit Elliot in Illinois
27. Make progress on the yard projects we have planned
28. Try a new restaurant in Cleveland every month
29. Write and illustrate a children’s book for Baby G with Boone
30. Donate Baby G’s preemie clothes to the NICU
Until next time, fellow BFs!